Q: How do I connect an Amazon Alexa device to my Wiser Heat?
A: To get started, select the ‘Enable Skill’ button in the Alexa App to link your Wiser Heat account and discover your devices. Find more information about connecting Smart Home devices here.
Q: What Amazon Alexa devices will work with my Wiser system?
A: The Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Tap, and Fire TV with Voice Remote will all work with the Wiser heating system.
Q: Can I change the name of my rooms for easier voice control?
A: Yes, to edit the name of any room open the app, go to settings and select the ‘Rooms and Devices’ option from the menu. In this screen, you can select the room you want to edit from the list of available rooms. You can even add new rooms from this screen if you want to.
Once you have renamed your room you’ll need to evoke the Discover Devices command.
Q: What voice commands can I use with my Wiser heating system?
A: A few examples of the types of commands that will work are below. Words in brackets are interchangeable with your room names and desired temperatures
- Alexa, discover devices
Control the hot water (coming soon)
- Alexa, turn on the hot water
- Alexa, turn off the hot water
Control a thermostat:
- Alexa, set (living room) temperature to (20) degrees
- Alexa, increase the bedroom temperature (this will default to a 1°C increase if a temperature isn’t specified)
- Alexa, decrease the temperature by (3°C)
Check your thermostat:
- Alexa, what’s the temperature in the (kitchen)?
- Alexa, what’s my (bedroom) set to?
Q: Where can I find additional information about Wiser and Amazon Alexa?